Wednesday 14 March 2012

[JasperServer] Limitation on Domain Query Text Area

Hi All,
This week I encountered the problem when I want to create query in Domain Designer with derived table using query. I found out that maximum character can be entered there was 5000 character. So I went around and read the configuration to change that to the value that I want since my query is big.
You can try to open this file:
\WEB-INF\classes\esapi\security.properties
Find this row:
createdQuerySql=Alpha,NoTag,5000,true,createdQuerySql-Run_Report_context
sqlDomainDesigner=ValidSQL,ValidSQLSelectStart,5000,true,SQL_Domain_Designer_context

Change value 5000 for this row to the value that you want and there you go.

In my case, I changed it to 20000 and it suite my requirement straight away.
Don't forget to delete all your temp and work folder (if exist) since this file is being cached.
Hope it helps.



5 comments:

  1. Hi.. I am new in Jasper world and trying to understand the Domains concept in Jasper, can you give me some link to learn this...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.jaspersoft.com/creating-a-domain-report-ireport-tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks will try with that to solve my problem. I would like to check on how can I use user data i.e. userId, userName etc in jasperreprots server domain designer derived table query. I want to run report to show only data of user who is running report. Query example is "select * from user where user_id = userId".
    Tried with couple of suggestions but no luck. Will be helpful if you can point out some links or examples.

    -Puneet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puneet, you can use the domain security file to filter information depending on the user (i.e. column or row level security) here is a simple example http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/basic-domain-security-file-example and you can find more information about domian security here http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/jaspersoft-security-reference and of course in the docs http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation

    ReplyDelete
  5. how to use these column(case when a>=5 then 10 else 5 end) in jasper domain?

    ReplyDelete